Buyer personas drive many aspects of your organization but especially marketing. Understanding the people your products or services benefit should inform and guide all your marketing efforts. Here’s how to integrate buyer personas into your messaging, content and sales efforts for better results.
All your marketing channels should consistently communicate messaging specifically targeted to your audience. Why is this important? Consistent messaging and branding can increase revenue by 33%. Here’s how to integrate buyer personas into your messaging for better marketing results and more revenue:
- Pain Points. If your messaging addresses common pain points for your targets, they are more likely to relate to it and engage with it. If there is no connection between what your message conveys and what a prospect cares about, there is no potential for a connection with the buyer and, ultimately, no sale. Carefully connect your messaging to buyers’ specific pain points.
- Goals. Your buyers are trying to achieve goals, and your messaging should clearly communicate how you can help them to do that quickly and easily.
- Attention. Buyers engage with messaging that grabs their attention and makes them say, “Yes, this is for me.” Keep your messaging interesting and compelling.
Almost 90% of B2B marketers use content marketing because it works. It is now an essential part of any marketing strategy. Buyer persona characteristics should be woven into your content and help you determine the content you create.
Consider your personas at each stage of the buyer’s journey. Throughout the buyer’s journey, it is critical to deliver the right content at the right time. For example, prospects who know they have a problem and are actively searching for a solution are in the consideration stage. At this stage, prospects are weighing the available options. Consideration content should help them understand your specific product or service offering and the value it delivers. At this stage, content such as checklists, calculators, case studies, vendor comparisons, white papers, reports and webinars based on each persona is best.
Outreach & Sales Efforts
While marketing has its own goals, its goals should support the entire company’s objectives. Sales will also have goals that should align with organizational goals. It’s important for marketing and sales to support each other. When marketing provides sales with clearly defined buyer personas, sales is better equipped to reach out to and effectively communicate with more, well-qualified buyers. And that means quicker sales and more revenue for the organization.
Start Developing Buyer Personas Today
Buyer personas are a key piece in the marketing puzzle. Our Target Audience and Persona Development course provides the practical tools to define your target audience, build your personas and execute marketing that is relevant and impactful.
Led by a senior-level marketing expert, your interactive Marketing Pro Series experience includes on-demand course sessions, practical exercises, proven templates and one-on-one coaching. Here’s what you can expect:
1. Three on-demand sessions (30 to 45 minutes each) with corresponding exercises and templates covering:
• Introduction to buyer personas
• Collecting and compiling buyer persona data
• Constructing your buyer personas
2. Comprehensive exercises and templates to support you at every step as you define your target audience and develop your personas for more effective marketing
3. Two private coaching sessions with a marketing expert